Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Policy
It is the policy of FENOG NIGERIA LIMITED, to carry out its operations in a proper and orderly manner so that the safety and health of her employees and all others having contact with the company’s operation are safeguarded and special regard is giving to the conservation of the environment.
In line with this when contractors are employed by FENOG they are expected to meet same standards. Their personnel are reminded that they are members of a safety and environmental safety awareness organization. In implementing this policy, it is the responsibility of every manager, supervisor, employee, contractor and subcontractor to comply with these policies.
The guiding principle is:
“THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE TO THE SAFETY IN ALL OUR OPERATIONS”
To these end we shall ensure the following:
- Comply with all relevant legislation or other requirements that relate to its occupational health and safety hazards or environmental aspects.
- Wherever possible prevent injury or ill health from working at or with Fenog.
- The prevention of pollution.
- Continual improvement in the company’s health , safety and environmental performance.
- Modify our industrial standards in line with good engineering practices and principle of design.
- Ensure our business is conducted cautiously to avoid adverse effects in the communities in which we operate.
- FENOG will only engage qualified contractors that can do the work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Ensure conservation of natural resources by eliminating excess waste generation.
Certification to the internationally recognised standards for Health, Safety and the Environment (OHSAS18001 and ISO14001) is central to the way that we operate.
The systems defined have my active full support. They are under continual review and improvement, however once defined are mandatory for all personnel.